Saturday 26 March 2011

Ecola State Park

Last week was, most likely, my last chance for a beautiful sunny weekend in Cannon Beach. Heading down Friday after work, I met up with Julie, Gary and Gary’s mom Stella for a nice dinner at Yummy! in Seaside. As always, it was a good dinner prepared by Cory (chef and owner) and the amazing cupcakes from Jimmy did not disappoint.

Saturday I had a nice slow morning around the house and a nice walk downtown. I met up with Gary for lunch at Lumberyard and we had a great meal and a couple of beers on the patio. The day was very sunny, making it feel warmer than it really was.

Julie, Gary, and I regrouped in the evening to watch the sunset fro Ecola State Park. I had my full camera setup and Gary had his point-and-shoot. It is always a learning experience taking pictures with Gary. He has such a great eye for composition and knows the park so well.

After our shooting session at the park, the three of us had a great Thai dinner at Cannon Beach Thai. All three of us tried a new dish, which is practically unheard of for us; and we were all very happy with our choices.

Sunday was a work day for Julie and Gary, so I had the day to myself. A long walk on the beach, a long sun-soaked lunch on the deck at the Warren House and nice nap prepared me for my drive back home to get ready for the week and the Autumn rains that are coming back to Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment