Saturday 26 March 2011

Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge

Today I went on a bird tour of the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge with my friends Chris and Maureen. Chris had won the photo-tour at an auction last year and was nice enough to invite me along. Our guide, Roger, took us on a drive around the refuge pointing out and educating us about all the amazing wildlife in this area just north of Vancouver, Washington.

I learned a lot about the birds and also learned how difficult it is to capture these birds in their native surroundings. I took all of these images with my Nikon D300 and a 300mm f/2.8 lens (which was borrowed from a friend at work. I’ve also performed some drastic cropping on the images so you can see the birds as more than just a speck amongst the brown trees and bright white clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment